Friday, September 28, 2012

Food Experiance

   My cooking skills and i were craving a chance to go to the supermarket. The oppoutunity arose and i gladly took it.I found pumpkin flovoured kit kats in preparation for haloween. I even managed to stumble across corn flavoured tofu. Which my host mother gave me for dinner, it was raw unlike the batter coated ones i make at home. This was a whole new experiance for me and was my first Japanese meal in Japan. Yesterday we went to a maid cafe in ahikabara (the electronic and anime capital of Tokyo) here we were treated to parfait (ice cream dessert) that looked like a kitten or bear.They even have baked chocolate that dosent melt. The grapes here are huge the siz e of a 50c coin (mum would be proud i eat more veggies now than i ate back home). The bread here is sweet, unlike the unflovoured plain bread im fimiliar with back home. As a vegitarian i was worried about the possibility of starvation, however my worries were put to rest especially after today, eating choclate pastry for lunch at the school. The people at the school were lovely and the group i got were truly wonderful. Even though they couldnt understand they all gave poi making a go.

Its strange how fast things go when your having a once in a life time oppourtunity, just like the lovely tea ceromony we had the fortune to take part in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment